- This agreement identifies the rights and obligations between the Key-Systems GmbH ("Registrar") and the domain holder ("Customer") or its agent or representative for domain names that are registered and managed at the Registrar by the domain owner or on his behalf.
- Customer is aware that Registrar is an official registrar for domains, accredited by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (in the following ICANN) as well as other national and international registries. In the provision of domain name registration or management services Registrar acts as a mediator between the customer and the organizations responsible for the management of the central databases. Registrar has no influence on the fact that the domain names applied for the customers can be registered and/or are freely from third party rights. Registrar cannot guarantee for this and for the continued registration of the domain names.
- The various top-level domains are administered by various different, national or private organizations ("registries"). Both ICANN and each of these organizations have their own terms and conditions relating to the registration and use of the domain names, as well as the proceedings in domain name dispute matters. Registrar is required to pass on these terms and conditions and dispute policies to its customers. By initiating an order for a domain registration or domain transfer, Customer declares to be aware of the existing and current registration conditions of ICANN and the relevant competent organization and accepts them as an essential part of this agreement.
- Customer further acknowledges that registry policies of the relevant registries or ICANN policies may change from time to time and that he will keep himself informed about the current rules and either accept those changes or delete the corresponding domain name. Registrar will provide information on essential changes in its newsletters and will provide a link to the most current policies on its website.
- Customer acknowledges that the registration of a domain name may be cancelled at any time due to violation of registry policies. He agrees in particular to any cancellation, deletion or a transfer of the domain name in accordance with a condition or registration policy of the responsible registry or according to a measure of Registrar or the registry which does not violate ICANN policies, provided that it is carried out by the Registrar or the registry operator (1) to correct errors during the registration, (2) to remove disputes which concern the registered domain names or (3) on account of a violation of the registration policies.
- Registrar can modify this registration agreement at any point in time. Registrar is obliged to inform Customer of the change of the terms and conditions by mail or email unless such notification requires unreasonable efforts. Customer can object to these modifications within 14 days starting from the notification. Should the customer object, Registrar may terminate the agreement within 14 days or, at our choice, at the next possible termination date. The new terms and conditions are accepted by Customer if Customer does not object.
- If Customer registers a domain name for a third party, he must ensure before ordering that the third party knows and accepts all the relevant policies and registration terms and conditions. Customers who act as resellers or distributors are obliged to transmit these conditions completely and oligatory to their customers and to document their approval by appropriate evidence. The policies of the registries applying to the Registrar apply accordingly for the customer acting as a reseller. Prior to a termination or change of the domain ownership data, the validity of the termination or modification with respect to the third party must be ensured. Transfer requests of the third party must be treated in accordance with the transfer policies of the appropriate registry. Customer undertakes to keep as evidence of the customers agreement suitable documentation and prove the legality of the actions performed for the third party to Registrar at its request.
- If Customer registers a domain name through a third party, agent or distributor, he accepts to let all acts and omissions of these parties to be considered as his own actions in all respects. Customer explicitly authorizes these parties to undertake administrative actions for him with regard to his domain names registered with Registrar.
- In the event that Registrar can not maintain the registration of a domain name of Customer, in accordance with the policies of the registry, Registrar shall be entitled to an extraordinary termination of the registration agreement with Customer with a 14 days period to the end of month.