CentralNic's mission is to be the company that empowers online aspirations. As the developer and operator of software platforms, CentralNic provides web presence services to customers in over 250 countries and is a leading provider of tools required to create websites, use email and secure business online. Headquartered in London, the Group generates revenue and income from the worldwide sale of internet domain names and hosting on an annual subscription basis. To learn more about the company please go to our website.
The Technical Product Manager or Product Owner plays the most critical role in the launching of new and exciting products at CentralNic. As the evangelist for the customer and/or business head, the Product Owner defines and prioritizes product features, functionality, and values for engineering teams to deliver on time and with quality. Working closely with Product Marketing Managers, Executive stakeholders, and Software Engineers, you will deliver product features and deliverables in-line with the longer-term product roadmap and company vision.
- Work closely with Product Marketing Managers, Division Heads, Business Unit Managers, department heads, sales, technical support and other stakeholders to extract and translate high-level business and customer requirements into technical working documents and deliverables
- Actively participate, design, and optimize the product from initial concept then manage daily, weekly and monthly through the development cycle and then finally to product release ensuring functionality, quality, and schedule
- Break down and prioritize deliverables for the Engineering team(s) through the creation of JIRA epics, stories and tasks
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with Engineering teams on a day-to-day basis, participate in daily standups, sprint planning & sprint retrospective meetings
- Collaborate with Senior Product Manager(s) to derive data analytics & reporting
- Be the technical subject-matter-expert on the product for all teams internally
- Be ambitious and want to prove yourself as a natural leader and collaborator that gets things done well and with a high degree of quality
- Think about the big-picture when thinking about customer value and satisfaction of a product, but you can also focus on the details when it comes to implementation and execution
- Never be satisfied with a project left half-done and want to be surrounded by people like you; hard-working, passionate and even business-savvy to make a product successful
- Thrive on challenging and rewarding problems as well as understand that commitment and work ethics are keys to your success
Ideally you will
- Have completed a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field; however, candidates from Sciences and Mathematics with programming experience may be considered
- Have already built some experience as a Product Owner or similar roles
- Be competent with the entire product development life cycle
- Bring experience with tools such as JIRA, Confluence with familiarity with Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Showcase excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English and overall project management skills
Nice if you
- Have some experience with domain name registration either at a registrar or TLD registry
- Have worked in a web hosting, shared hosting, or ecommerce application environment in the past
- Had some exposure to software architecture and processes
The role is based in Germany. We embrace flexible working and are happy to discuss suitable arrangements that will work for everyone.
CentralNic is committed to offer equal opportunity to all our applicants as we believe innovation comes from a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, belief, age, pregnancy and maternity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or disability status.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team.
Please note that CentralNic does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
If you would like to move forward in an unbureaucratic, motivated team and appreciate working independently in an international environment as well as facing challenges, we look forward to receiving your application: email@example.com.