How Companies use their dotBrand TLD2018-07-09
The launch of well over 1,200 new gTLDs has seen a wide range of uses – cities, regions, generic terms, special interests and brands have all successfully applied for their gTLD. Most of the gTLDs are open to public registration, although some have restrictions. But among brands, invariably they’re closed except to the brand themselves or their partners. There are currently around 540 .brand gTLDs that have been delegated by ICANN, according to the Dot Brand Observatory. More...
Think Locally, Benefit Globally2018-03-09
The last few years have seen the domain name industry change beyond all recognition. The introduction of new gTLDs and dotBrands has increased the number of Top Level Domains available on the Internet to over 2,000. However, up until relatively recently, for nearly two decades the choice of domain extension was restricted to a handful of generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs) and country code Top Level Domains (ccTLDs). As a historical point of reference, the first available ccTLDs were .US, .UK and .IL, delegated in 1985, followed a year later by .AU, .DE, .FI, .FR, .JP, .KR, .NL and .SE. More...
3 ICANN Models To Deal With EU's Upcoming GDPR2018-01-22
The upcoming General Data Protection Regulation is being implemented this coming May and it will have significant implications in the storage of personal data on citizens of the European Union. And this includes the storage of data relating to the registration of domain names, commonly known as WHOIS. More...
- 2017-12-04The last Decade in IP (4): The Centre of Gravity Strategy
- 2017-11-27Always Look a Gift Horse in the Mouth
- 2017-11-20Protecting Your Valuable Asset – Your Domain Name
- 2017-11-09The last Decade in IP (3): The Controlled Chaos Strategy
- 2017-10-19The last Decade in IP (2): The Mind’s Eye Strategy
- 2017-09-21The last Decade in IP (1): The Education Strategy
- 2017-09-20Preventing Domain Name Abuse
- 2016-11-20Still haven’t got a blog? Start with .blog
- 2016-07-16Rand Fishkin says “.com”. I say “It depends”
- 2016-06-08A domain name in Japanese! See June’s new domain extensions
- 2016-03-10Wow! All 882 domain extensions.The Big 2017 List [Infographic]
- 2016-02-22Interview with CEO Toby Hall from Minds + Machines
- 2016-02-11February’s new domain extensions incl. .cloud
- 2016-01-04Expert roundup: What’s next for the new TLDs in 2016?
- 2015-12-282015 roundup: The 10 best posts about new top level domains
- 2015-11-18Which are the regional domain extensions?
- 2015-11-02November’s new domain extensions incl. .SEX and .BROKER
- 2015-10-27Which 39 cities have their own top level domain?
- 2015-10-12These TLDs go live in October
- 2015-09-04September: .Fans for your hardcore fans and many other New TLDs
- 2015-08-18Best alternative when your preferred domain name is taken
- 2015-08-10Naming experts’ 21 tips to choose the right domain name in the new top level domain space
- 2015-08-06These new top level domains go live in August
- 2015-07-16These New Domain Extensions go live in July
- 2015-07-06These 87 sites dropped their .com for a smarter new TLD (New data)
- 2015-06-23Rob Rozicki on .SKI, the tipping point and what he learned over the last year
- 2015-06-11Why fantasy football startup Duelo.Futbol went all-in on the new domain extensions
- 2015-06-01June’s new domain endings – from .Casino to .Sucks
- 2015-05-04These domain endings go live in May – Don’t miss out
- 2015-04-30.SEX, .PORN and .ADULT – An interview with ICM’s Stuart Lawley
- 2015-04-23Brands take note! How Staedtler failed to get FIMO.CLUB
- 2015-04-15The value of .POKER domain names – Interview with Afilias and Danske Spil
- 2015-04-07April 2015: New domain endings
- 2015-04-07.Sucks is not for you. It’s for your customers
- 2015-03-09New domain endings in March 2015
- 2015-02-25Infographic: Do you know all domain endings? From .com to .whatever
- 2015-02-14Is .BANK the domain ending that banks have waited for?
- 2015-02-07Which domain endings do users trust? Conclusions from the DNA survey and our own UK survey
- 2015-01-30February 2015 launches: These are the new domain endings
- 2015-01-28Leading expert Naseem Javed on brand identity in the new gTLD era
- 2015-01-16Google reads coffee.club as coffee club!
- 2015-01-12How do I register a .edu domain? You can’t – but here are four great alternatives
- 2015-01-09The list of January’s new gTLD launches
- 2015-01-01New Year’s Expert Roundup: What’s in the DNA of a successful gTLD?
- 2014-12-14The domain names I met on my way to work
- 2014-12-12The guide to premium domains – get your domains ahead of the pack
- 2014-12-078-15 Dec.: This week’s new gTLD launches
- 2014-11-21New gTLDs: Are we at the tipping point?
- 2014-11-20Complete list of the new domain extensions available
- 2014-11-06Case Studies: Will a new gTLD rank you higher in Google?
- 2014-10-06Four new top level domains live this week (6-12.10.14)
- 2014-09-16Is your brand name a “Chinese Gooseberry”?
- 2014-09-04.Wien Case Study – 5 scenarios where a dot city TLD is better
- 2014-08-25.HIV – “The digital red ribbon” goes live
- 2014-08-25Expert roundup: What’s the future for the new gTLDs?
- 2014-08-18Week 34: My opinion on this week’s new domain extensions
- 2014-08-034th Aug.: New Domain Extensions Out This Week
- 2014-07-29Hey Londoners! All you need to know about dot london
- 2014-07-2828 July: Four new domain extensions out this week
- 2014-07-2121-27 July: Which new domain extensions go live
- 2014-07-17New domain name extensions – 7 rules to “get” them
- 2014-07-07Dot Brand – the “monster truck” of domain names
- 2014-07-03Understanding the .ski domain name – Interview with Rob Rozicki
- 2014-06-30.Cricket domain – the 2nd biggest sport in the world gets their own domain names
- 2014-06-26Interview with Aaron Grego, Punto 2012
- 2014-06-20How to change website domain name
- 2014-06-175 Classic Errors When Changing a Website’s Domain Name
- 2014-06-13StephenFry.uk and 49.999 other .uk domains in 24h – check what we did next
- 2014-06-091M Registrations – Are you still playing the waiting game?
- 2014-06-03The No. 1 Secret of Succesful Domain Investors (And How You Can Use It For Your Business)
- 2014-04-2910 new gTLDs go live in week 18
- 2014-02-13Interview with Andy Churley, Famous Four Media
- 2014-01-27The complete list of new gTLDs
- 2014-01-16New gTLDs Sunrise Dates 2014 (updated)
- 2013-11-25New gTLDs INFOGRAPHIC
- 2013-10-29DPML – The Least Expensive Way To Avoid Cybersquatting in The New gTLD Era
- 2013-10-18Before The Storm – The Three Legal Tools To Fight Domain Pirates
- 2013-10-16.GURU – You want to be seen as an expert in your field?
- 2013-08-14.Shabaka – First Domain Name in Arabic
- 2013-08-05Want a piece of Chinese Online Gaming? It starts with the .游戏 domain
- 2013-06-07The Best Way To Participate in the gTLD Sunrise
- 2013-05-27How To Beat Google’s Latest Algorithm Using The New gTLDs
- 2013-03-26The Process to Protect Your Brand for the new gTLDs
- 2013-03-21Should you send in your trademark to the Trademark Clearinghouse?
- 2013-03-17Internet Explosion: Analysis of the new extensions
- 2013-03-15Infographic: Top 10 Most Opposed New Top Level Domains
- 2013-02-21Infographic: The Dot City Domain Map 2015